Zadok “Manny” Camacho is one of our Board of Directors and members of our Midwest Branch. He is one who can be counted on to be at any Costumers With A Cause event he can possibly make it to. Super creative when it comes to making and crafting costumes, and a genuinely really nice guy with a kind and caring heart. We wanted you to get to know Manny a little better so we asked him a few questions.
Hi! Well most of you know me as Manny. But that’s really my middle name. I’m 46 years young. I was born in Mexico but was brought over when I was 6 months old. Lived in Chicago most of my life. Moved out to Palatine a few years ago because I fell in love. I’ve been with my full time job for 29 years, my part time job for 18 years and the other part time job for 5 years. Yep I’m crazy. 🤣
1. How did you learn about Costumers With A Cause?
I learned about CWC from Scott when asked me if I would like to suit up and take photos with kids. I was like sure anything for kids!
2. What was your favorite event or experience with Costumers With A Cause and why?
My favorite experience with CWC was this last c2 (C2E2 – Chicago) in helping with the booth. Seeing how everyone opened their wallets for the fundraiser. And how people wanted to know how they can join in the cause!
3. Do you have a favorite superhero? If so, who and why?
My favorite superhero… well that’s a trick question.. The Hulk, pure power but has a soft spot for his friends, Daredevil because he fights crime with or without a mask. And the Thing, no matter how he looks you see the true beauty from his heart.
4. If you could cure any disease or disability which would you cure?
Cancer…. what else can I say about it…. too many lives have been changed because of it.
5. What do you like to do outside of Costumers With A Cause (when you aren’t working)?
Hobbies… I have so many. lol I like working with my hands. Jumping on my bicycle, collecting… comics, toys, autographs….
6. If you could go anywhere and do anything without restriction to cost or capabilities of getting there, where would you go and what would you do?
I would love to go to the land down under! I’ve always wanted to scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef.
7. Are there any causes or foundations that come close to your heart? Of yes, which ones? Why?
I love being part of the dance marathon. This one is close to my heart because I lost my best friend to a tumor when we were kids. He never had a chance to grow up. So by doing the dance marathon I can only hope to give a child a chance to grow up.
8. Who are your real life heroes?
Real life heroes… hands down firefighters.
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Favorite childhood memory…. playing in the house with my brother and sister. Building forts, hide and seek, tag etc.
10. Tell us one thing you think would surprise us..
Hmmmm something that would surprise you… I’ve never had any kids. That’s cuz I’m still a kid! Lol
Thank you Zadok for all you do to make Costumers With A Cause the great group that it is and to help maintain the special culture of acceptance and diversity which truly makes CWC one of the BEST costuming charity groups out there!
Click HERE to get back to the Leadership page.
Here’s a few more photos of Zadok: